Sunday, August 14, 2016

Janey Street Unveils Her Side of Paradise on Blue Elan Records

"Music is and will always be my life - but I never thought I’d get the chance to make another record." stated Janey Street, whose career took off in the 1980s with several hit singles and videos but she was unable to maintain that same level of success in the years that followed. Yet Janey stayed on the musical path as she moved from New York City to L.A. to Nashville, writing music for movies and TV to surviving on assorted jobs.

Things changed when fan Kirk Pasich who had just launched Blue Élan Records contacted Street with an offer she could not refuse. The mission of Blue Elan Records is to bring "expertise, perseverance, a long history of working with talent and an environment that fosters creativity on the artist’s terms." An ideal label for Janey.

"It was like this whole bunch of songs just exploded and flowed out of me," she continues. "Making the record was magic. And because the label is so cool and progressive, because they trusted me and my songs and my producer Dave Darling, we made a killer record. It has been an amazing time of creative energy and having good folks around me - something I hadn’t felt in a long time."

My Side Of Paradise features a talented team of players and songwriting friends. The 13-track album packs a punch with honest lyrics about the highs and lows of life. Street’s vocals run the range from graceful to gritty which adds more realism to her words. The CD opens with the strong storytelling of "Among The Missing" followed by "Good Side" a catchy love song. Other highlights include the insightful "Grand Delusion" flowing into the swaggering title track. "Scat Like Ella" pays tribute to Ella and others all backed by a danceable retro disco beat." My Side Of Paradise is a solid record coming from the heart and soul of a true artist.

RELATED LINKS:
Janey Street
City Winery Review

- Blog post by MusicCityNashville.net

No comments:

Post a Comment